Active Health: Type 2 Diabetes Program
Service & Referral Information
Active EP is excited to announce the opening of a new group exercise program for clients recently diagnosed, or living with type 2 diabetes (T2D).
- diagnosed type 2 diabetic
- new GP management plan (#721), OR
- existing GP management plan (#732)
- Medicare referral form (#81110)
Clients with a current EPC from their GP require items #732 and #81110 to be updated to include T2D in their care plan.
- 1 x 60-minute Initial Consultation
- 8 x 60-minute Group Classes
- assessment report provided to GP
- provision of group program manual
- access to fully equipped gym facility
Why it’s important to exercise right
Exercise performed regularly at the optimal intensity and volume improves the way our body regulates blood sugar levels.
Additional health benefits include:
- lower fasting blood sugar levels
- improved blood pressure response
- reductions in cholesterol / triglycerides
- enhanced strength and endurance
CALL NOW TO BOOK YOUR INITIAL CONSULTATION: (03) 9879 5628
Referral Form (for GP to complete):